Customer Service Administrator
Introduction and Background
With a natural flair for delivering good customer service, you understand that customers stay with companies that meet their needs. We are continuing to earn the loyalty of our customers through placing them at the heart of everything we do. Delivering best in class service is what we do and what our customers expect. Our business is in an exciting period of multi-channel growth and in order to continue to deliver this level of service we are looking for like-minded individuals to come and join our successful team.
- The role will require you to work within our servicing team to complete administration tasks to a high standard and in line with service agreements, procedures and daily deadlines.
- You will be required to work closely with our UK based teams to ensure that customer outcomes are delivered in a seamless manner.
- You will assist and enable company operations and effective service to our customers whilst being focussed on developing, implementing and sharing best practices within your working environment.
- Developing a deep subject matter expertise, you will provide technical support to the department and support to system enhancements/system fixes where applicable, and may work within cross business project teams as necessary
- As the custodian of high quality, efficient and effective customer service a, you will be responsible for checking the work of other team members and providing appropriate feedback, instilling a right first time and “done once” approach in meeting the customers’ needs.
- The role will require verbal and written contact with customers in English.
Conduct & Fair Customer Outcome responsibilities - Putting customer’s interests at the heart of how we conduct business. Demonstrated through your individual behaviours with a clear focus on treating our customers fairly and delivering the right outcomes at all stages throughout the product lifecycle.
- To complete all tasks in line with service and quality standards, procedures and compliance guidelines
- To handle Customer queries received verbally or in writing
- Complete assigned tasks within target, reporting any issues to the Team Leader
- Ensure that all work is undertaken with due regard to Customer outcomes
- Handle any process or system related referrals, making key decisions and recommendations where required
- Reporting of Risks/Breaches through the appropriate escalation routes
- Carry out testing on system enhancements/changes as required
- Support any business projects and initiatives as required
- Share knowledge and assist in the continuous development of the team/area
- Carry out checking and random sampling as required, providing constructive feedback to individuals on errors and provide support to reduce errors
- Provide training/coaching support as required
- Use skills to identify, initially handle and escalate service complaints in a manner that is consistent with best practice, whilst supporting CPC (Consumer Protection Code) and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- If part of your role is to handle Complaints - Use skills to resolve administration and service complaints in a manner that is consistent with best practice, whilst supporting CPC and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Check the work of peers before it is issued, ensuring that customer communications are fit for purpose, accurate, and compliant both with regulations agreed internal processes and procedures.
- Complete telephone call critiquing to the agreed standards
- Provide immediate factual feedback when required both to the individuals and to the Team Leader
- Support, encourage and role model the CPC customer principles and supporting initiatives
- Ensure that opportunities for process and service improvements are encouraged and implemented
- Focus on developing, implementing and share best practices
- Contribute to the development of team strategy and objectives, One team goals and targets
- Recognise the importance of working together as a team to deliver against team objectives
- Responsible and accountable for own development, i.e. prepare and actively operate personal training/development plans
- Ensure timely and thorough completion of personal improvements plans
- Responsible and accountable for own time and ensure agreed deadlines/timescales are met
Dimensions of role (This details the financial and non-financial responsibilities of the role)
Financial (E.g., budget/revenue ownership or impact); No budgetary responsibility.
Non-Financial (E.g., No. of direct employees); No direct employees.
Key Interfaces/Relationships (Indicates what level the role interacts at and who the key contacts are. Please detail the relevant role title).
Internal; Internal teams who are required to complete system updates on the teams’ behalf
In SME capacity Internal and external relationships.
External; Responding to customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Telephony skills essential
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Knowledge and experience;
Experience of working within the Financial Service (Life and Pensions) industry or an office environment preferable, however not essential.
Experience using Microsoft office.
Leaving certificate and desirable third level qualification to diploma level /equivalent.
If this role interests you and you would like to discuss it further, please get in touch.
email@example.com 01 614 6180