QA Automation Software Engineer
Our client is forming a new team in a new location with a new domain, real challenges are you ready ?
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation our client has been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are recruiting for a broad cloud software development role as part of the Cloud Enablement SW team.
We are in the process of developing a platform that will enable these large workloads to be executed efficiently across the various Cloud Platforms and in hybrid ground to cloud environments. The work is as varied as it is interesting developing everything from cloud orchestration elements to mirrored Linux filesystems. When the domain is infrastructure and process orchestration the testing frameworks can be more challenging that the unit under test.
While all members of the Scrum team contribute towards the testing effort we have a need for a team member that can bring additional depth to this area.
We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Developing test frameworks that can test across the cloud vendors and HPC grids
- Delivering quality SW and assisting others to reach the bar.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
The Ideal Candidate
- Has developed test frameworks for complex distributed systems
- Can automate infrastructure, processes and applications.
- Has good Linux understanding
- Has good protocol knowledge
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Is interested in how things work under the hood.
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
- Developing frameworks and components for frameworks that enable the testing of high performance distributed SW systems.
- Developing complex mocks and stubs that run in public clouds and HPC grids.
- Develop frameworks and tool kits for monitoring of HPC workloads.
· Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Bring a deep understanding of Quality into the Team
- Working closely with and across internal teams to bring a Quality First mentality and shifting testing left.
- Work in a Scrum team contributing towards all tasks and team goals.
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- While our polyglot stack tends to focus around Golang, Python, Node.js and some C++ we are interested in anyone with hands on development skill in one or more of Python, Golang, Java, C#, Node.js.
- Solid understanding of various testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with object-oriented or alternative software design modes.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle
For further inforamtion and enquiries, please contact email@example.com | 087 2950180