Reporting & Accounting Analyst – (12 Month FTC)
Our client is seeking a Reporting & Accounting Analyst to join their team on a 12 Month FTC. Our client is a well-known Irish Semi- State body. This individual will be responsible for the delivery of all reporting and accounting processing and activities. This role will focus on Fixed Asset Accounting and Month End Accounting. This role is a full time Monday – Friday role and will operate on a hybrid basis.
· Perform fixed asset accounting for the Ireland business and its subsidiaries.
· Complete the period end close procedures for fixed assets, including additions, disposals, running depreciation and create accounting.
· Maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
· Prepare fixed asset disclosures for inclusion in the interim and annual statutory financial statements.
· Support the delivery of the annual statutory financial statements.
· Complete month end process for the business and identify process improvements if required
· Prepare financial reports including Cost Centre Reporting, opex grants, stakeholder reporting and support for commercial contracts and billing.
· Prepare manual journals for uploading (accruals etc.), review the journal uploads prior to posting, monitor automated journal uploads and correcting errors in automated journals.
· Generate intercompany reports on a monthly basis and investigate differences arising.
· Complete quarterly intercompany billing
· Interface with the IT area to address challenges / issues in journals.
· Perform reconciliations in line with period close deadlines, such as balance sheet reconciliations within the approved timelines.
· Deliver process improvement initiatives.
· Work with the business to ensure the accuracy of inputs to the general ledger.
· Complete quality control on the levying of costs and expenses against and within business and liaise with the finance leads to ensure transactions are complete and accurately recorded.
· A recognised accounting qualification (ACA; ACMA; ACCA) or equivalent together with associated current membership.
· 6 -12 Months PQE
· Experience with Fixed Asset Accounting / Month End is an advantage.
· Familiarity working with Oracle eBusiness Suite and Hyperion is advantageous.
· Capable of working on own initiative and also part of a team.
· Excellent skills in excel and experience in PowerPoint and Word.
· Enthusiastic committed self-starter with proactive approach to problem solving.
· Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions.