Revenue / Opex Analyst
Our client is seeking a Revenue / Opex Analyst for a Specific Purpose Contract to join their team as part of an Irish Semi – State Body. This role will report into the Senior Business Partner for Customer Operations and this individual will be responsible for providing analytical and month end support to the Revenue Business Partners with the overall Finance partnering team.
· Support the Revenue Business Partner in accruals preparation, posting and reconciliation
of all opex postings during month end for the Customer team.
· Support the Revenue Business Partner with the monthly Customer opex reporting
· Ensure that the correct opex costs are reflected in the correct cost centres and projects in GL.
· Support the Revenue Business Partner in the month end Non-Domestic revenue process
which includes the preparation of accruals, month end postings and reconciliations.
· Review all Balance Sheet reconciliation reports in line with month end timetable & report
findings to the Revenue Business Partners
· Work with Revenue Business Partners on Annual Budgets, Forecasts and Business Plans
for all revenue streams and Customer opex.
· Deliver actionable insights and specific recommendations to the Revenue Business
· Partners on how to improve finance processes & controls around revenue and opex.
· Participate in any system testing which will have an impact on Revenue and opex.
· Liaise with Local Authorities for the payment of Development Levies and maintain
reporting on this revenue stream.
· Complete the daily and monthly account reconciliations between CC&B and all sub
systems and GL and ensure they are fully reconciled for month end.
· Assisting the Revenue Business Partners with completion of monthly management
reporting revenue and opex packs, for distribution to the business management team
including analysis of performance versus planned budget and KPIs, and identification of
variances and root causes
· Liaising with external auditors regarding reporting activities as required
· Keeping up to date with best practice
· Support the team in shaping and implementing efficient and effective finance processes
and adoption of best practices
· Escalating risks and issues to the relevant Business Partner
· Other duties as required from time to time
· A minimum of three-five years’ relevant experience in a similar financial/accounting role
working in a large-scale, complex organisation
· A recognised accounting qualification (ACA; ACMA; ACCA)
· Anticipating and proactively managing issues and solving problems
· Driving continuous process improvements – identifying opportunities, generating ideas, and recommending and implementing solutions
· Working with Oracle, Hyperion and CC&B would be an advantage
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint