Senior Director of Engineer Pharma in North Dublin
Cpl have been asked by one of our legacy client partners to support them in the recruitment process for a Senior Director of Engineering for their Pharma Manufacturing facility in North Co. Dublin.
This key role which is part of the site executive leadership team is a newly created position and has been approved and created due to a consistent business growth and continued increase in headcount.
In this new and exciting role as the Senior Director of Engineering, you will be a key stakeholder in the Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing teams with a global brand leader in the manufacture of own brand proprietary product.
As the sites Senior Director of Engineering, you will have a number of key supports including
· Facilities Manager and a team of 9 Technicians
· Engineering Manager and 2 Maintenance Supervisors and 38 Maintenance Technicians
· Projects Director and a team of 12 Process, CI and Manufacturing Engineers
· Automation Manager and a team of 8 Automation Engineers
In your role as the Senior Director of Engineering, you will be required to lead a team of high performing engineering professionals, you will be required to support existing and expanding engineering teams, support on new product introductions, technology transfers, continually monitor and improve process engineering operations across the site as well as being a contributor to process engineering improvements on sites in Ireland and the USA as part of a wider collaboration team.
As the Senior Director of Engineering some of your key areas of accountability and responsibility will include
· As the Senior Director, you will lead and support the process engineering team, setting objectives and assigning resources to manufacturing and site initiatives to meet and exceed the business objectives and site goals.
· You will take ownership for leading the Process Engineering team to design and implement processes, tools and systems focused on process understanding, real-time monitoring and process optimisation to benefit all manufacturing and quality outputs from the plant.
· The Senior Director will be asked to take a lead role for the development of departmental and cross-functional teams and to work alongside other stakeholders in the business to achieve the sites strategic goals, communicating plans, objectives and progress reports and addressing any issues with the potential to impact strategic goals.
· AS the Senior Director, you will be the site leader when it comes to implementing a collaborative approach to project execution and problem solving, developing good cross-functional relationships.
· You will be required to take an active leadership in the recruitment, development, mentoring and development of staff, and you will always champion a culture of continuous improvement.
· Another key role in your position as Senior Director will be for you to manage key relationships with third party clients, fostering an environment of openness and trust.
· It is expected that as a member of the site leadership team that as AD, you will lead and support initiatives to develop and improve business processes and systems both internally and externally across sites.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and expertise
· A minimum of a 3rd qualification in Engineering along with 8+ years’ experience in a comparable pharmaceutical operations environment.
· Masters’ qualification is highly advantageous.
· An in-depth working knowledge and experience of Pharma or Solid dosage experience is definitely preferable, and you have a broad range of expertise in processing technologies relating to tableting, encapsulation and formulations.
· Experience within a regulated industry and interfacing with relevant regulatory authorities (e.g. FDA).
· Established track record with evidence of good people management, project management, problem solving, collaborative, leadership and communication skills.
· Ability to foster collaborative relationships within and across groups using effective influencing and negotiation skills.
· Ability to consistently deliver business results, demonstrate ownership and accountability.
· Ability to assume personal responsibility for championing change.
If you are interested in this new job opportunity, then please submit your CV for review to email@example.com for immediate CV review and I will reply back to you in complete confidence within 48 hours.