ICT Test Engineer:
Our client in the public sector are seeking an ICT Test Engineer to join their applications team within the ICT Department in order to introduce test automation. The position provides an exciting opportunity to join the ICT Department as they embark on a new Digitalisation Transformation Strategy aimed at delivering transformative change in a number of areas across the organisation and involving the use of cloud technologies.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and operating a test automation capacity, and advising on testing strategy and practices. Their initial focus will be on increasing Application regression testing productivity through automation, by developing and executing automated test scripts. They should also influence ongoing improvements in testing across all ICT areas through support, tooling, methods and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of ICT testing through tooling, automation and best practices.
- Procure, implement and manage an appropriate set of test management, execution and tracking tools.
- Specify, develop, execute, maintain and manage automated test scripts, with an initial focus on Application Regression testing.
- Design, review and streamline test plans, procedures and cases.
- Develop and manage test datasets.
- Provide accurate reporting and tracking in relation to testing progress and outcomes.
- Provide support and guidance to technical and non-technical staff developing test plans, cases and procedures.
- Actively participate in the annual business planning, risk management processes.
- Maintain responsibility for own performance and development through active participation in the staff Performance Management and Development System and ensure continuous self-development in matters relating to this post.
- Assist in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and Action Plan through adherence to best practice protocols.
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of oneself, fellow staff and non-staff and co-operate with management in enabling compliance with legal obligations, including full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A QQI Level 8 Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant qualification at this level.
- Formal quality assurance/testing qualification(s)
- Completion of formal training/certification on testing tools(s)/product(s)
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least two years’ experience of testing ICT systems using structured approaches to testing including test preparation and execution and defect management.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing strategy, planning and approaches.
- Experience of automation scripting and using test automation tools.
- Ability to write automation scripts.
- Proactive, solutions-focused approach to work particularly in the area of problem solving.
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to changing requirements/priorities.
- Ability to persuade and influence others to appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Self-disciplined, organised and methodical.
- A systematic, considered approach to planning and monitoring.
- Ability to set clear standards and take a quality customer service approach to work.
- Strong strategic and operational decision making capacity.
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
- As this role will involve travelling between sites, candidates should satisfy and continue to satisfy during employment, legal requirements to drive a car unaccompanied on Irish public roads.