The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of transactional activities spanning different areas of the finance and accounting function. This is a 9 month temporary opportunity with strong potential for extension.
• Oversee the fixed asset accounting processes.
• Entering internal orders for assets under construction.
• Ensuring all projects have appropriate approvals
• Monitor project progress to ensure that projects are capitalized on a timely basis.
• Run depreciation reports.
• Tracking of budget to actual variances.
• Design and develop improved reporting to assist auditors and business units.
• Complete monthly and quarterly analysis of fixed assets as assigned.
• Prepare manual journal entries as assigned.
• Ensure completeness, appropriate approval, and accuracy of general ledger transactions.
• Responsible for month end Hyperion uploads.
• Develop and provide meaningful financial and operational performance metrics and trend reports as assigned.
• Prepare analysis and ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Prepare account analysis and reconciliations
• Oversee the preparation of VAT, Intrastat, PAYE, NIC and other returns
• Provide training as requested to junior accounting personnel.
• Monitor existing processes across all functional areas for control risk and process improvement opportunities, and make improvement recommendations to the leadership team.
• Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 3+ years relevant Finance and Accounting experience.
• Part qualified with a professional Accounting body such as CIMA.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
• ERP experience.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job please apply via the link below or contact Darrach Teague in the strictest confidence on 02890725622