We are looking to make a key hire of a Financial Accountant to join our fast-growing successful company based in Dublin.
The role reports directly to the CFO
The key responsibilities of the position are:
- The ongoing development and implementation of business processes to ensure the smooth operation of the finance department.
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Preparation of cash flow statements, budgets and forecasts.
- Coordination and direction of the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and reporting on variances.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements with P & L analysis including variance analysis reporting for Leadership Team, Board & Investors at agreed times.
- Preparation of necessary documents in order to achieve funding requirements for the business from banks, investors or other sources of funding.
- Coordination of the preparation of regulatory reporting- Vat Returns, Tax Returns, Audit etc.
- Manage R&D Tax Credit process and access to grant funding (EI etc).
- Creation of systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Ensure control procedures are in place for all financial transactions and the delivery of financial reporting for these areas.
- Manage relationship with Bank and other potential funding sources.
- Manage and monitor payroll run ensuring all staff costs correctly allocated.
- Oversee any legal documents needed in the company.
- Manage & Develop Finance Team.
- Providing IT support for financial, administration sales and production
- Co-ordinating with Company insurers on all policies renewals claims etc.
- Project work will be required as part of this role.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required, for example review profitability of new & existing products or ROI performance of service partners.
- Minimum of 2 years’ post qualified experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced retail/fmcg business
- Excellent knowledge of SapB1 or similar ERP system
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA)
- Good Team player with ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- MS Office/Excel Expertise
- Cash Management experience
- VAT/Intrastat/CSO and other Revenue returns