ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTIONS MANAGER
My client, an established Galway City based technology company, seeks to hire an experienced Accounts Receivable Manager. This role has come about due to an internal promotion. You’ll be an experienced people manager, with specific AR/Collection’s experience within a multinational setting, responsible for 3 direct reports in Ireland and 2 reports based overseas. The team are highly motivated, and performance driven, responsible for invoicing, collections and allocating payments. This is a permanent role, reporting to the Financial Controller. My client will have a hybrid working structure in place going forward, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote. You must be able to commute to their Galway City offices to be considered for interview.
· Proficient knowledge of the process flow of the AR billings through to general ledger.
· Review and update SOX narratives to ensure invoices are in line with accounting and internal procedures.
· Accountable for enabling and assisting with building team morale and maintaining an ‘open door policy’ allowing the team to reach out between check in calls.
· Understand and demonstrate knowledge on the credit loss standard used to determine the global bad debt percentage calculation.
· Ability to read contracts ensuring any one-off billings associated with them are processed by the team on time.
· Review and sign off invoices raised by the team.
· Attend bi-weekly meetings with the forecasting team providing an update on reports received and billings.
· Ensure month end journals and reconciliations are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
· Quarterly meeting to review bad debt at a customer level, raising awareness of potential write-offs or late payers with management.
· Performing credit checks on new and existing accounts.
· Supervise and escalate the collection of past due accounts on a weekly basis resolving all issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
· Coordinate and update AR documentation followed by the team in line with company and accounting policies.
· Responsible for the hiring, development, and yearly reviews for the AR team.
· Creating and setting goals that improve the AR process that align to the company strategy and vision.
· Ensure month end AR and GL tasks are completed efficiently in a timely manner.
· Act as point of escalation within Finance, proactively seeking feedback regularly.
· Lead and organise AR audit preparations for all interim and year-end audits.
· Assist with other Finance related tasks as requested.
· Accounting or related qualification/degree.
· 7+ years industry/multinational experience with 5+ in an accounts receivable leadership role.
· Strong influence and leadership skills.
· Netsuite or other ERP Systems experience is required - Salesforce is advantageous
· Excellent communication, inter-personal, numeric & problem-solving skills.
· Occasional business travel to the US/Irish sites required.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org