Servisource Recruitment are IMMEDIATELY seeking an Accounts Receivable Assistant for their client who is based within the Public Sector in Co. Galway.
Contract: Rolling contract
Location: Initially work from home - Galway
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday (37 Hour p/w)
- Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the finance system Integra is maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Communicate with internal/external customers and tax professionals as necessary to complete job duties.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure we are all working effectively.
- Provide backup and leave cover for other team members and carry out all other duties as required.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Directly responsible for manual invoice/credit note entry/invoice registration central authorisation. Review Description, GL Code so income code, Vat entry.
- Credit Note entry, backup to be given to Team Lead.
- New Customer Set ups/De activations list of checks to be completed in procedures and forwarded to Team lead for approval.
- Confirm with Customer whether they operate a PO system before issuing invoice.
- Product Code Set Up, approval from supervisor.
- Adhere to 15 day calls, 60 days account on hold etc (credit policy). Diary entries to be updated on invoices/emails to be attached.
- Aged Debtors Report to be issues to Business Unit on a month end basis.
- Reminder Letters to be issued weekly.
- Statements to be issued on month end.
- Allocate credit notes against invoices.
- Enter adjustments and present for approval.
- Assist Business Unit with training where needed for invoice/credit note entry.
- Data clean up to be done on a regular basis i.e. deactivations etc approval Team lead.
- Maintain an online filing system for all financial documents so easily traceable for Team members & auditor.
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- A FETAC Level 5 / Accounting Technician qualification or a similar qualification is desired.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ work experience in an Accounts Receivable or a Finance role.
- Must have a strong attention to details with an eye for accuracy.
- Display a high level of numerical ability.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to liaise with suppliers and internal departments to ensure issues are handled efficiently and effectively.
- They must display a high proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of a Financial Management System (Integra) or similar accounting package.
All applicants will be treated with the strictest of confidence! Apply now or send your CV to BSCMrecruiting@servisource.ie quoting the reference JO-2107-472632!