Purpose of role
- Assessing new applications and supporting documentation to ensure they are compliant with Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) legislation.
- Ensuring new customers are on-boarded accurately to the relevant systems.
- Fulfil Customer Due Diligence AML checking for customers and prospective customers as per latest AML policy and procedures including the review of High Risk AML and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
- Benchmarking the quality of applications signed by customers against that being keyed by the individual sellers to the system.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, partners and customers to obtain information or clarify information already received.
- Reporting on error trends and providing ongoing training/support to Sellers, thus overall improving the quality of submission
- Providing statistical reporting to management around the quality of submission by each of their teams respectively.
- Ensuring applications are logged and tracked at every stage of the process in a proficient manner.
- Data Record Management in the form of archiving completed applications from the process
- Perform functions effectively with strict SLA’s
Required competencies, skills & experience
- Familiarity with AML/KYC requirements and prior experience in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to index, organise and archive documents (paper and electronic) in a structured fashion within aggressive timeframes
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to understand and explain process requirements and communicate this information accordingly
- Strong communicator and comfortable enforcing compliance with strict guidelines
- Strong analytical abilities on documenting and reporting on a variety of levels
- Proficiency in MS Office