My client are a global provider of financial services technology. Our clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers. In their office, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics to support continued growth of our business.
They are currently looking at expanding our technology centre and are seeking to talk to people who will help us to:
• Create better experiences for users and clients
• Prioritize ease of use and functionality
• Build and deploy new services
• Ask questions of the biggest datasets
• Be passionate, impactful and Be first
• Join a team on a mission.
The Application Architect is responsible for designing reusable and scalable applications leveraging the best standards and practices with a security first mindset and aligning the design with the enterprise architecture vision aimed to deliver business values to our stakeholders.
• Translate business requirements into a technical solution view and vice-versa aimed to deliver business value to our stakeholders.
• Design reusable application architectures tying with enterprise-wide architecture vision.
• Ensuring architecture is realized in the end product.
• Partner with application architects, tech leads and developers across different regions, to help them with the solution and technical understanding.
• Development of prototypes and proof of concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies.
• Good communication and stakeholder management capability with technology and business stakeholders.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to colleagues across all disciplines in order to support business and operational partners.
Knowledge & Skills
• At least 8 years’ experience in software engineering with at least 2 years in an architecture or technical lead role.
• Good understanding of business challenges around delivery of digital solutions at pace within a large organisation.
• Strong knowledge of architectural patterns.
• Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle on which has experience with CI/CD/CD (Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment), security, policies and governance.
• Good understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and the ability to provide technical thought leadership and ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
• Software engineering fundamentals with a problem-solving mindset.
• Implementation of microservices using Java frameworks – such as Quarkus, SpringBoot, Play Framework, etc.
• Single-Page Applications frameworks – such as Angular, React, Vue, Express, etc.
• OpenAPI 3.0 Specification.
• Relational / Non-relational databases.
• Building resilient and fault tolerant solutions – in-memory data grids, caching mechanisms, nonblocking I/O solutions.
• Network and transport layers – TCP, TLS, mutual TLS.
• Communication protocols – REST.
• Message serialization formats – Avro, Protobuf, Parquet, ORC, etc.
• Encryption and Hashing mechanisms – symmetric/asymmetric – AES/RSA/SHA.
• Experience using containers – Docker etc.
• Payment domain knowledge.
• Experience with Orchestration technologies – Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.
• Cloud technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS – Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. Deep understanding of provisioning and security models of a leading cloud providers.
• Experience in creating immutable infrastructure and continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
• Outstanding written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
• Detail and customer oriented with a passion for delivering outstanding quality.
• Can do, will do attitude.