Our client is a leading EDA and Intelligent System Design organisation who are currently investing in a large expansion of their Irish operations. Due to this continued investment, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Applications Engineering Manager to join their team in Cork.
This position has the exciting challenge of growing and managing a group of Digital Back End Engineers to enable customers to implement designs with EDA tools. This role requires both team management as well as technical capability in EDA tools and flow development.
Your new role
• Understanding of Digital microarchitecture definition and documentation
• Understanding of RTL logic design, debug and functional verification
• Understanding of IP integration and verification
• In-depth understanding of digital architecture trade-offs for power, performance, and area
• In-depth understanding of proper handling of multiple asynchronous clock domains and their crossings
• In-depth understanding of synthesis timing constraints, static timing analysis and constraint development
• In-depth understanding of fundamental physical design flows, e.g. floor planning and clock tree synthesis
• In-depth understanding of the impacts of analog and mixed-signal design and verification on digital-on-top development flow.
• In-depth understanding of functional ECO flow and conformal ECO
• Experience with FPGA and/or emulation platform
• Firmware development of embedded microcontroller systems is a plus.
• Substantial experience with Verilog is required, as are excellent logic and debug skills.
What you'll need to succeed
• Minimum 7 years of ASIC backend design experience.
• Must have gone through successful tapeouts in advance technology nodes
• Exhibit excellent communication skills
• Be self-motivated and well organized.
What you'll get in return
• Opportunity to work with a global industry leader
• Commitment to career development & continued learning
• Exposure to global network operations, cutting edge technology
• Very competitive salary and benefits package. Including bonus, pension, healthcare & shares.
*** Please Note Applicants must hold Irish/EU Citizenship at time of application ***