- Analysing business operations and the business's computer systems, determining which software applications could improve efficiency while ensuring that system software is tailored to facilitate the achievement of service objectives.
- Managing application enhancements to improve business performance. Advising on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs.
- Creating and overseeing protocols and procedures for the use of any new software applications.
- Monitoring the roll-out of new software applications to ensure business continuity.
- Strong experience of ERP systems, POS, Financial and Retail applications
- Troubleshooting and resolving any problems with business application software.
- Vendor Management
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels. Creates and maintains a catalogue of available services.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Ensures change control for all business applications and thorough System/UAT testing prior to a full and controlled release
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors
Minimum degree level qualification in IT from reputable university or industry body. Other disciplines may be considered for candidates with the relevant experience and skills.
Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have:
· Minimum 4 years’ experience within an IT role with proven previous POS systems experience
· Min. 5+ years of experience in software development
· Demonstrable Applications Management experience, with solutions hosted both on traditional infrastructure and in the cloud
· Broad knowledge of IT product development and IT service delivery. Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, standards, methods, and tools.
· Experience of the capability and consumption models of cloud services, ideally Microsoft Azure.
· Demonstrable experience of a collaborative attitude to working with colleagues both on-shore and off-shore
· Shows initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable, and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities
· Strong leadership, management, and customer service skills
· Have a deep and broad technical background covering databases, POS, ERP and financial applications
· Ability to remain up to date with the latest software developments
· Good understanding of the end-to-end Retail/Store business processes
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to interface with multiple internal teams and external partners.
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative.