I am currently recruiting an Assistant Company Secretary to support the Company Secretary of a state body in providing secretariat services to the Board and its sub-committees.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience circa €60-70k.
Overview of Role:
- Scheduling and co-ordination of Board and committee meetings, including preparation of work programmes, agendas and drafting of minutes.
- Ensuring that relevant information is made available on a timely basis to the Agency and its Committees.
- Drafting and review of Board and committee papers.
- Advising Board and committees on corporate governance related matters and providing support to Board members in the conduct of their duties.
- Drafting of Governance Section of Annual Report, submission of Report and Financial Statements to the Minister and preparation of Chairperson’s Comprehensive Report to the Minister to accompany Annual Report.
- Development of corporate governance policies and procedures in line with best practice and applicable legislation and corporate governance codes.
- Maintenance of governance related sections of corporate websites.
- Provision of support in relation to Board /Committee annual effectiveness reviews and ensuring that Terms of Reference reflect review findings.
The Assistant Secretary will be required to assist and support the Company Secretary in the completion of these duties which may include acting as secretary to certain committees.
- A third-level honours degree or professional qualification
- A detailed knowledge of corporate governance standards/codes including the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
- A good understanding of investment/financial markets
- A minimum of five years relevant experience, working closely with senior management and/or Board members including non-executive directors
- Experience developing key relationships and the ability to communicate (verbal and oral) at all levels within the corporate environment
- Previous experience as Board/committee secretary an advantage
Interested and think you're a good fit? Submit your application or contact Shauna Porter for a confidential chat 01 614 6059 / email@example.com