Salary depending on experience
- The Assistant Person in Charge (APIC) is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources.
- Support and assist the PIC in coordinating the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Statutory Regulations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and
- Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a Nursing Home environment.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a management capacity is desirable.
- Experience in leading, motivating and supporting an effective and efficient team.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Zoe Lawlor-
00353 87 4078773