Assistant Valuer, Belfast
At CPL we are passionate about providing our clients with the best talent experience possible. We work with our clients to provide innovative solutions to meet their talent challenges.
We are currently recruiting for a Major Public body as part of a nation- wide contract. The seeking to add an Assistant Valuer to their Land and Property Service team.
Working hours: Monday to Friday (Flexi time), 37 hours per week
Salary: £14.47 per hour
The position is temporary with an estimated duration of 7 months. Please note that this is purely an estimated duration.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main activities which the post holder will be expected to perform are as follows:
The Assistant Valuer is part of a team providing rating and general valuation advice and services. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of a qualified Valuer carrying out a range of inspection, measuring, data collection and data maintenance tasks and undertaking basic valuation duties. The role requires interaction with members of the public and a range of other stakeholders including NIHE, Building Control, Solicitors and Estate Agents. Key tasks involve:
· Inspection and measurement of property and data collection including the preparation of sketches and surveys
· Carrying out basic valuations for rating purposes, as well as assisting more senior staff
· Communication with ratepayers and other stakeholders and colleagues throughout Land & Property Services
· Analysis of market transactions and selection of information appropriate to property valuation
· Writing reports,
· Keeping accurate records and maintaining property databases to specified standards
· Making effective use of Information Technology including mobile tablets for on-site data collection, CAD software, and Geographic Information systems
A BTEC National Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in Building Studies or Construction and the Built Environment or an equivalent property related qualification, AND at least 1 years' relevant experience gained within the last 5 years of designing, building managing surveying or valuing property within a property-focused organisation.
Applications will be considered from applicants with relevant formal qualifications considered to be an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
Relevant or equivalent qualifications: give the type of qualification and date awarded.
The onus is on the applicant to provide LPS with details of modules studied so that a well informed decision can be made.