The Associate Labs System Configuration Engineer will execute modernization and robustness initiatives at the Grange Castle site by working with Labs System Configuration Engineers, stakeholders, vendors and Digital partners to deliver solutions and processes to maintain operational effectiveness.
The Associate Labs System Configuration Engineer will be responsible for adherence to maintenance processes, practices and periodic testing to provide high assurance of continued operations of the critical laboratory systems or speedy recovery of same. The position will work with the Digital Site Services team, to ensure appropriate and timely engagement of Digital services and tools.
- Perform assigned data, application and workstation maintenance activities including verification of backups, restorations, disaster recovery exercises and appropriate documentation of same.
- Produce regular reports on Labs Computer System Health (Backups, Disaster Recovery, PC wellbeing, User Practices etc.).
- Perform assigned tasks to contemporize and modernize computer hardware and operating systems.
- Review, execute and document requests with respect to User Access, roles and permissions for Laboratory workstations.
- Ensure completion of technical decommissioning of Workstations tasks as required.
- Ensure correct implementation of Data Integrity tools and manage implementation of DI tools upgrades as required.
- Maintenance of Workstation Inventory and other required Workstation Management records.
- Monitor, as directed, the technical services being delivered to the laboratory, follow-up on unsatisfactory support metrics and escalate critical service issues as appropriate.
- Support Digital Site Services with workstation lock-downs, monitoring and troubleshooting/escalation of Labs Workstation requests/tickets as required.
- Support Equipment Validation Team (EVT) on assigned technical tasks including planning and issues during validation activities with hands-on technical liaison with BT, EVT, System Owner and Vendors as directed.
- Perform assigned tasks to increase the automated integration between lab instruments and enterprise systems (eg LIMS) to progress towards a paperless environment.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement, Robustness, and Best Practice initiatives and assist to improve the efficiency of processes and systems at the site.
- Connect with the Digital Solution Areas, BTAMS, and BTI to ensure the systems and services support provided meets the expectation of the business users.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering or related Technical field required. Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Information Technology
- 1-2 years’ GMP Laboratory experience (with appropriate degree level qualification in that discipline) and a proven computing/technical ability and interest.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively; embrace diversity; influence stakeholders and build business partnerships to deliver results.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge: Applies strong information technology in planning and executing successful systems projects, driving process efficiencies and ability to execute to multiple priorities. Knowledge and expertise in one the following disciplines desired:
- System Administration and PC troubleshooting