An opportunity has arisen for a to join a Procurement expert to join a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company.
The role is accountable for assessing emerging products and services that is needed to drive innovation in our research and development value chain. The role will be working with the wider R&D procurement team to determine the best location for these new products/services. This role requires a high level of influencing skills and curiosity to ensure optimal results.
Location: Cambridge – working remotely for the foreseeable
Pay rate: £450 - £540 per day LTD company
Duration: 9 months
• Accountable for designing, and implementation of category, region or market strategies to optimize business efficiency.
• Accountable for category management either globally, regionally or locally including strategic sourcing, SC&I, contract and risk management.
• Accountable for developing and maintaining expert knowledge of respective global supply markets, competitors and product innovations.
• Works with Procurement in understanding the global spend and identifying opportunities to increase quality and improve value for money. Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business performance.
Business & Supplier Engagement:
• Develop an extensive understanding of customer needs and the business environment.
• Work with the Strategic Intelligence team to perform procurement reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities as well as identification of innovative procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organization.
• Address Supplier issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
• Fosters trusted relationships with vendors, at the highest level, to achieve better pricing and quality of services
• Conduct annual peer reviews of category, region or market strategies
• Plans and reviews the performance of Procurement and other function teams within area of responsibility
• Directs new initiatives and improvement programmes aimed at ensuring compliance, continuous improvement, technical excellence and improving cost-effectiveness
• Leads, defines and gains approval of business needs and the translation of these needs into specific resource requirements
• Develops senior level relationships in order to resolve issues, optimise business performance and develop future improvement opportunities
Experience/ Qualifications Required:
• Degree level qualification
• Experience working in a similar role within the Pharmaceutical industry would be preferred
• Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical industry
• Expertise in at least one area of Procurement and knowledge of several others
• Proven leadership experience
• Communication skills and ability to influence others
• Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
Please apply by sending your CV’s to email@example.com