Position Reports to: Site Automation Lead
The automation engineer is responsible for the support of process automated systems on the site, information collection and reports. Systems include GE Digital (Batch, Historians, SCADA iFix), programmable logic controllers, including Rockwell and Siemens, Wonderware.
You will be service orientated, delivery focused and have the ability to build rapport with key members of the operations and engineering teams to specifying and implementing automation changes \ fixes \ improvement projects.
You will support investigations as the automation subject matter expertise and manage and implement system changes following the site change control procedures.
Reporting Structure - Site Automation Lead
- Support and programming for PLC’s, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Must be focused and passionate about production support.
- To participate in the development of automated system life cycle documents to meet business requirements in the support of automated systems. (i.e. Validation, standard operating procedures, biannual and periodic reviews and training documentation).
- Maintain the validated state of the automated systems.
- To provide technical expertise in the area of process automation and equipment development.
- Support department audit\inspection readyness and participate in audits and regulatory inspections as required.
- Provide system support in the areas of PM’s, engineering spares, maintenance, training programs, and Data Integrity workshops.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of automation systems on site.
- Design, develop and test software code in accordance with site coding standards and following good automation manufacturing practice.
- Implement code\systems changes on the automation systems under site change management\change control.
- Provide technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems during the life cycle of the equipment.
- Resolve issues by engaging with Global IT support teams, desirable knowledge of the ITIL service lifecycle would be a distinct advantage.
- Manage the specification, development and installation of projects within budgets, project scoping documents.
- Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives using 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Any other activities as directed by the Site Automation Lead.
We are looking for Engineers with the following experience:-
- Experience supporting DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI and PC controlled systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience Coding\Development\Troubleshooting of automation systems.
- Experience in maintaining control networks and communications such as DeviceNet, ControlNet, and Ethernet.
- Knowledge Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in maintaining databases and working with both Data definition language (DDL) and Data manipulation language (DML) script(s)
- Familiarity with the .NET framework , C# good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity IT technologies is desirable, including MS server administration, MS Desktops
- Knowledge of discrete and batch process equipment.
- Appropriate Engineering Qualification (preferably B.Sc.\ B.E. degree,
Computer science or chemical discipline).
- A number of years of working experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical
- or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of the GAMP guidelines applicable to computer system validation.
- Demonstrated Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work independently.
Regular Work Schedule:
- Standard (M-F) daytime. Overtime work may be required. Work requires on-site presence.
- Occasional national/international travel for equipment factory acceptance testing, training seminars, vendor meetings, work progress meetings, etc.
- Non-Regular Work Schedule:
- At different times of the year, this position will require working during scheduled manufacturing shutdown periods.