A vacancy exists for a permanent Automation Engineer with a client of mine who is a global pharmaceutical company based in South Dublin. This position sits within the Automation Department; reporting to the Dublin Automation Manager and will provide technical support to the Business Units, Quality and Technical Services Departments on all automated processes.
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Overall, the successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of automated system site wide.
1. To direct and manage the installation of new automated capital equipment so that the relevant department receives a standard and reliable process that requires the minimum of support resources.
2. To provide a first class professional backup service to Business Units, Quality, Logistics and Technical Services Departments in terms of technical and operational support. In particular in diagnosing problems, faults and alarms.
3. Support the operation of the company's Serialisation Site system (3S) and the software/hardware systems integral to the 3S system, such as HMIs, Scanners, and system software GTS, MTS, HTS, STS etc.
4. To ensure operators, engineers and supervisors are trained on new technology in the process automation area and to encourage feedback so that equipment performance may be optimised.
5. To monitor and control the acquisition of new computerised equipment/ software and ensure that we are standardising on equipment type as much as possible.
6. To modify control strategies and redesign Automated Process Plant where appropriate to suit current and future requirements.
7. To follow up on qualification deviations.
8. To provide a validation, in particular software validation, ser-vice to other Departments when required.
9. Provide an independent auditing function on suppliers of computerised systems and their software.
10. Liaise with Project Engineers to ensure any new or changed instrumentation is done to the relevant company’s calibration SOPs.
11. Provide back-up diagnostic assistance to all areas on instrumentation problems.
12. To ensure that all work is to the highest standards and in compliance with all requirements i.e. Leo standards, FDA, GMP, GAMP, etc.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
· Process Control and Automation
· Controllers – PLCs, DCS, microprocessors, etc.
· SCADA systems - Iltis, RSView, FTView etc.
· Temperatures, Pressures, Masses, Conductivities, Flow rates, Flow meters.
· Diagnostics on Above Items.
· Antares Serialisation systems.
· BMS and PMS systems.
Key skills and Experience
• Third level qualification (Level 8 or higher) in Engineering or Science and/or relevant qualifications.
• 3-5 years’ experience working within the pharmaceutical industry within an engineering/automation field.
• Strong communication skills; written & verbal.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671