Automation Technician-Night shift
Our client requires an experienced Manufacturing / Automation Technician to cover the night shift in their busy manufacturing plant based in Galway. This is a super role based outside of Galway city.
Hours- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, Saturday 12.15am-8.15am, Fridays 12.15am to 7.15am
Competitive salary for the right candidate.
• Troubleshooting and fault finding of automatic, semi-automatic and batch manufacturing equipment.
• Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
• Ensure that all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
• Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
• Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
• National Diploma in Automation/Engineering/ Electrical or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment.
• Strong experience in debugging Allen-Bradley PLC`s, Motion and Machine Controls, Vision Systems and Industrial Networks (Ethernet IP) would be advantageous.
• Facilities maintenance experience would be advantageous
• Effective in analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
• Computer Literacy (PEMAC CMMS in use).
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Key competencies: Decision making, Business acumen, Interpersonal savvy, Strategic agility, Customer focus, Diligence and flexibility in relation to work hours to cover early start ups, support across shifts and willingness to attend to out of hours callouts are key requirements for this position.
Any applicant must have an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa to apply.