Back-End Developer – Galway / Remote – 12 month daily rate contract.
Working in a Cloud Platform Engineering Team, you will be responsible for both maintaining and developing an extensive backend automation platform. If you have experience building backend automation platforms with Java that interact with Cisco networking, VMware, NetApp storage or similar environments and have a passion to build secure, scalable and reliable cloud software, we would like to talk to you!
· Track record of building and deploying large-scale distributed systems
· Extensive programming experience in Java Object Oriented programming language
· Expert experience in building large multi-threaded applications.
· Extensive experience of building applications in a Microservice Environment, including understanding of RESTful concepts.
· A proven track record of building applications using the Spring framework, particularly Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
· Moderate experience with multiple scripting languages such as Groovy, Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby
· Good working knowledge of cloud security and web security.
· Experience porting monolith applications to microservice environments.
· Good experience of working with PostgreSQL databases.
· Experience of some or all of the following will be a distinct advantage:
o Cloud Computing technologies and virtualization such as VMware vSphere/vCenter and preferably some experience with VM image formats (e.g. OVA, VMDK) & VM image management.
o Good understanding of networking, network protocols and web technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, REST, TLS etc.).
o Exposure to storage technologies - NetApp OnTap in particular.
o Exposure to technologies like DNS, DHCP, SMTP or NFS.
o Exposure to Linux and Docker
· Minimum of 5 years of applicable work experience.
· A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive analytical skills.
· A desire to deliver quality and innovative products.
· Experience working in an Agile Software Development Team.
· You are a technology thought leader and considered to be the ‘go to’ problem solver in your current team.