Backend Cloud Engineer
Our client delivers a new class of real-time threat detection and advanced analysis of active network intrusions. Picking up where perimeter security leaves off using AI to provide deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic for all phases of the attack progression as attackers attempt to breach, spy, spread, and steal within networks.
The organisation directly analyses network traffic in real time using a combination of patent-pending data science, machine learning, and behavioural analysis to detect attacker behaviours and user anomalies in the network. All detections are algorithmically correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context, and the machine learning adapts as attacks evolve.
Detecting attackers in real-time requires a high-performance suite of software that enables machine learning and statistical techniques. You will be joining a newly created team that has been tasked with detecting attackers in the cloud. This presents a unique opportunity to help shape the processes and practices of the team, as well as the technical architecture and delivery.
- Translate product requirements and concepts into software designs and implementation taking scalability, performance, operational effort and cost into consideration
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, UX, Security Research and Data Science to help customers simplify security
- 3+ years Nodejs/Python experience
- 3+ years working with Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Knowledge of software design principles and leading software development practices
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Willingness to get things done, take initiative and challenge existing assumptions and conventions
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Expertise in automated testing in addition to continuous integration and deployment tools
- Knowledge of networking and networking protocols
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of source code management tools; e.g. Git
- B.S or M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)