BIM Manager - Galway
The BIM Manager’s role is to help deliver the company’s technology strategy and implement BIM as an integral part of the company. The role will involve working across multiple divisions and disciplines to manage a team of Revit and Autodesk Civil 3D technicians. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and management skills, grow your professional network, and provide you with excellent long-term potential to advance your career. The BIM manager will report directly to senior management.
- Responsible for developing and implementing BIM Strategy.
- Be the project BIM point of contact and be responsible for ensuring the technicians comply with our internal BIM policies on the project during its entire lifecycle from pre-construction, through to handover.
- Support Clients with preparing the EIR, managing the MIDP where we are the BIM lead on projects or defining the TIDP where we are part of the design team, preparing or assisting external design team members in preparing the BEP.
- Coordinate with remote design centres to assure compliance with project requirements, company standards, procedures and industry codes.
· Lead the creation and development of a standardised BIM element library, to support model reuse and a production approach.
- Responsible for developing the common data environment platform and processes.
- Promote the use of BIM coordination meetings and record 3D BIM clashes throughout the project, including generating and distributing reports, action points and owners.
- Work closely with project lead and provide regular look ahead and progress reports.
- Train personnel in the use of BIM Tools, Documentation and awareness to assist in the management and delivery of the project.
Although the role is predominantly managing the BIM process within the company, the suitable candidate will also be required from time to time to carry out project based work and assist in the preparation of Civil and Structural drawings using 3D modelling software including Civils 3D and Revit.
The ideal candidate will have the following traits but is not restricted to:
· A relevant third level qualification (level 8 or above desirable).
· Preferably 5 years’ + experience plus in a similar role
· Experience of working in a common data environment platform and managing BIM data throughout the project lifecycle.
· Experience of delivering Autodesk BIM/CAD for water, or wastewater, non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects.
· Understanding of key principles of information management as set out in ISO 19650.
· Able to collaborate and work effectively within a multidiscipline and diverse team, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong written and verbal (English) communication
· Experience of adopting to change to working processes and adoption of new technologies.
· Must have excellent time management skills and be able to work under pressure when required to achieve deadlines
The role will be based in our Galway office but will involve managing a team across multiple geographical locations. From time to time the candidate will be required to visit other offices to adequately manage the team of technicians.
What we can offer:
· An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
· Remote working options
· A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
· A strong CPD commitment
· The opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people
Contact Aoife on firstname.lastname@example.org, 0858723761 for more information
Full eligibility to work in Ireland required for this role - Stamp 4 Visa/European Passport