As a Bioconjugation Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will provide science and technology expertise in the disciplines of bio-conjugation and macromolecule purification sciences for the development and optimization of vaccine manufacturing processes. You will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs. Your innovative mindset will help us develop economical, efficient and safe chemical manufacture of experimental and active drug materials. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
- Pfizer's Large
- Design and execute experimental studies for the development of vaccine manufacturing focus will concentrate on Process Characterisation and optimisation of process steps for the chemical conjugation of polysaccharides and peptides to other carrier/adjuvant molecules and the optimization of purification methodologies for these large molecules.
- Collaborate closely with analytical scientists who will work on the characterisation of these macromolecules during these process development studies.
- Work with the team in the design and optimisation of
- Provide technical support to Drug Substance Technical Services when required during investigations, new process introduction or change implementation in commercial manufacturing operations. Technical support may involve trouble-shooting manufacturing-scale process problems through experimental investigations at laboratory scales of operation.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with a PhD or 1-3+ years’ experience with B.Sc./M.Sc. in the bio pharmaceutical industry.
- BSc/M.Eng/MSc/PhD in chemistry / biochemistry / biochemical engineering / analytical sciences or related discipline in the sciences.
- Technical fields of experience preferably to include specific knowledge and practical experience of large molecule bio processing and separation sciences gained at a minimum at BEng or BSc level or through work experience
- Experience in designing and executing components of experimental programs in the laboratory.
- Familiar with problem-solving, risk analysis and statistical tools