Bookkeeper – (City Centre)
Our client is an employer of choice in Cork City that specialises in real estate activities. Our client is seeking a Bookkeeper to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a full-time role based in the city centre with the option of working from home one day per week.
· Processing Accounts Payable Invoices and reconciliation of creditors balances to statements.
· Setting up payments on multiple different bank accounts.
· Maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
· Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
· Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
· Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
· Preparing financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
· Accounts Receivable and cash reconciliations
· Data management and spreadsheet management
· Dealing with customers / clients face to face and via telephone
· VAT Returns
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar Bookkeeping position.
· Accounting degree / Bookkeeping course equivalent is an advantage.
· Experience with Big Red Book is a significant advantage, strong MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
· Excellent telephone manner and must be comfortable dealing with customers and clients.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and manage high workload.
· Available to work in the city centre at least 4 days per week, with the option of one day at home.