Reporting to the Regional Manager, the branch manager will cover all areas of operations and sales development to build the profitability of the branch in line with targets. This will be achieved through a combination of managing your teams performance and hands on activity.
Focus will be placed on 4 key result areas, driving profitability, people management & peak performance, customer experience and brilliant operational basics.
Drive for Profitability
· Build an annual branch plan to deliver profitability for the branch as measured by monthly/ quarterly/ annual P&L vs budget/ forecast.
· Grow top line by increasing penetration and rate of auxiliary sales, development of corporate business and leverage the fleet for Dublin City.
· Manage controllable costs in line with activity and revenue to meet budget/ forecast covering overheads, Opex, damages, fleet maintenance and fuel.
· Maximise the utilisation of the available fleet
People Management & peak performance
· Build a cohesive team who are clear on roles and responsibilities and capable to deliver their required tasks
· Set performance goals for each staff member and review performance at least once a quarter. Coach the team and individuals for continuous improvement.
· Provide a development plan for individual who have both the capability and attitude to progress
· Build a positive culture within your team for a proactive customer centric approach and attitude. Bring this to life by example and by motivating and rewarding the right behaviours when you see them in action.
· Communicate performance and targets & challenges through regular team meeting and remove barriers to delivery by working as part of “Cluster” team.
· Ensure Dublin City Centre provides a great customer experience during the customer journey from enquiry to closing of the rental agreement.
· Deliver on customer satisfaction scores and customer feedback as measured by NPS and market metrics
· Maintain the highest standards for the look and feel of the branch making sure all corporate plans are executed and your location meets the companies standards
· Ensure very high levels of customer experience is being delivered by all Staff and feedback to staff and management on areas for improvement for the branch.
· All branch should be fully aware of the documented processes and work flow to deliver your branch standards
· Support H&S within your location and ensure facilities are fit for purpose
· Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness across your branch and the fleet
Skills & Experience Required:
- A third level education combined with 3/5 years’ of a successful track record in a similar role.
- A leader who is capable of building a team to deliver targets and challenges
- A team player who can support the company strategy and work constructively with all colleagues from various functions
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of the key drivers of a P&L
- Experience and understanding of the sales process combined with the tenacity to deliver over time
- Good reporting and analytical ability to define and solve issues
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical standards
- Professional demeanour with “Can Do” attitude
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills