My client, a public sector body are seeking a business manager to join their team on a temporary basis in Letterkenny.
Management / Administration
- To effectively and efficiently deliver on the day to day operational management of the Department of Public Health.
- Support the Director in the delivery of key targets by ensuring strong systems of internal control are in place and by monitoring compliance.
- Manage relevant operational and business projects and progrmmes.
- Support the Director to deploy the necessary resources within their department, as outlined in legislation and statute by monitoring and advising on staff structures, roles, in accordance with business need, demand and policies and procedures
- Further develop and improve services provided by configuring and deploying resources to meet agreed priorities and performance targets.
- Liaise and engage with other stakeholders etc on behalf of the Director in relation to day to day operations management of staff in the Dept.
- Ensure accurate and relevant information is accessible in a timely and clear manner to support delivery of the functions of the service
- Preparation of monthly management reports that concisely and accurately reference performance.
- Support staff morale and public confidence.
- Manage the performance of assigned personnel within the department through the use of appropriate measurement, benchmark and metrics and ensuring appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensure absenteeism and time-keeping are actively managed.
- Engage with HR specialists/recruitment managers regarding recruitment of staff and participate on interview boards and attend meetings as required.
- Provide line management to the Business Management and Administration Team within the Department
- Prepare responses to parliamentary questions, representations, media queries
- Oversee compliance with provisions of the FOI Acts 1997, 2003 & 2014; FOI/Data Protection Decision Maker, GDPR legislation, Data Protection Policy and Guidelines, when acknowledging, researching and responding to Freedom of Information requests pertaining to files held by the department
- Responsible for delivery of key targets in relation to their own work
- Ensure that financial/resource allocations and business plans are consistent with corporate goals/objectives and processes are in place to manage financial and non-financial performance
- Implement savings and efficiencies in line with National Service Plan
- Monitor expenditure on an on-going basis
- Take corrective action to address budgetary overruns where appropriate in consultation with Director n.
Quality, Risk Management and Patient Safety:
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Lead and support the organisation and delivery of the quality, risk and safety function, including responsibility for the Management of Consumer Feedback to include Comments, Compliments and Complaints, both clinical and non-clinical
- Ensure adequate governance and Risk Management procedures are in place
- Report any adverse incidents in accordance with guidelines.
- Identify areas of business risk areas requiring further attention from a Risk Management perspective and quality improvement.
Contact Ingrid by email on Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org