My client is looking for a Butcher or a Butcher apprentice to join their busy team in Fermoy. The successful candidate will be put through a 3-year training program to become a qualified Butcher.
Main purpose of the role:
work within the Meat Department and ensure it operates efficiently and effectively at all times. Provide our customers with excellent quality and products and services. Communicate to team any range changes, offers or new initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
· 2 years’ experience in a Supervisor/Manager role;
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Butcher;
· Craft Butchery course is desirable;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word);
· Numerical skills;
· Experience in gross profit and margins is desirable;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs;
· Strong attention to detail, organised and flexible;
· Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Maintain retail cuts at a high standard in accordance with customer needs;
· Drive sales through KPI reports, financial reports, brand initiatives, customer initiatives and employee knowledge;
· Adhere to weekly stocktaking procedures;
· Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store;
· Attend and engage in weekly management meetings and bring learnings and builds back to the team;
· Ensure all staff reporting to you are competent in any duties required and are given adequate training relevant to their tasks;
· Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions, builds on existing procedures/processes with employees and management;
· Merchandise and present the department to the highest standard at all times;
· Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.