SK Biotek Ireland are currently seeking to recruit a Chemical Process Operator within Operations. Reporting to the Shift Team Lead, the Chemical Process Operator is responsible for all tasks associated with the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and the operation of an API plant. This is a shift role working on a four shift cycle supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation. This position is is an 18 month fixed-term contract.
- Handling of chemicals to manufacture chemical intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- The preparation and monitoring of equipment used for batch manufacturing and cleaning.
- Support Operational Excellence and other departmental projects as appropriate.
- Ensuring the plant is in an audit ready state and that plant operations are executed in a safe manner and to expected cGMP standards.
- Participate on site emergency response team (if required).
- The use of business systems for carrying out real time data entry and transactions for operations within the shift, e.g. SAP, IT & Delta V systems
- Play a key role in meeting plant key performance indicators such as throughput, yield, safety, quality and changeover targets.
- Have a relevant qualification in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or other science discipline and/or previous experience (4 + years) working within the pharmaceutical industry. API/small molecule experience a distinct advantage.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Have strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment or on one’s own initiative without close supervision