Kenny-Whelan ( a specialist division of the CPL group) are recruiting a Chemistry Analyst to work on 4 cycle shift at our clients Biotech site in Carrigtwohill
Base salary €35,955 with 33% premium on shift
Position Title Analytical Laboratory Analyst
Reporting to Analytical Laboratory Supervisor
Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork
To provide support for the analytical testing of incoming raw materials, in-process samples and finished products for the Membrane, Biotools and Media manufacturing areas.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Adhering to all company EHS guidelines and procedures with proactive involvement in laboratory safety initiatives.
2. Testing incoming raw material, in-process and finished product in strict accordance with procedures to support production and shipping deadlines.
3. Correct use and maintenance of various laboratory equipment.
4. Performing routine checks and calibration of laboratory equipment.
5. Set-up of all laboratory equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Accurate preparation of all solutions required to support testing of product.
7. Training of colleagues in the use of laboratory equipment and procedures in the Analytical Services laboratories.
8. Performing laboratory validation and non-routine testing.
9. Providing technical backup and support to production as required, including project work, e.g. non-routine lab testing to support process validations, quality improvement efforts and customer complaints.
10. Archiving of laboratory data, logbooks and samples in accordance with procedures.
11. Controlling, issuing and maintaining laboratory documentation.
12. Updating, drafting and reviewing quality documentation such as test methods and standard operating procedures.
13. Participating in identified Continuous Improvement initiatives; cost, quality etc.
14. Maintaining laboratory inventory levels.
15. Performing other related quality duties as required.
- General B.Sc. / Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
- At least 2 year relevant laboratory testing experience.
- Thorough, practical and persistent self-starter.
- Strong motivation
- Good communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Good Problem Solving Skills
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.