Short statement stating exact purpose of the role:
The Scientist 1 Chemistry and Scientist 2 Chemistry roles are responsible for involvement in Laboratory activities and to ensure continuous improvement in quality across the function. In addition to these duties, The Senior Scientist Chemistry role also encompasses responsibility in supporting the team Leader in the Management of lab activity to ensure work is being completed to support production output.
List main areas of responsibility:
• Incoming inspection and release of raw materials and packaging components, as per relevant raw material specifications
• Finish goods testing as per product specifications
• Validation support for ongoing changes in production
• Water monitoring testing
• Testing and release of In-process packing solution
• Dealing with Out of Specification (OOS) results, when they arise.
• Protocol and Report Writing
• Instrumentation used within the lab:
o High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
o UV/VIS spectrophotometer
o Karl Fisher
o FTIR / NIR
o Vacuum Oven#
• Actively identifies quality issues and has involvement in sourcing solutions.
• Offers new initiatives to accomplish goals and drives these changes to completion
• All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
Education and Experience Required for Role Essential
• Minimum of Certificate level qualification in Chemistry or other relevant science discipline
• At least 1 year’s industrial experience in the Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices Industry
• Good knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements
• Good organization skills and familiarity with computer packages.
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Flexible work ethic
• Attention to detail