My client is a market leader in wealth management and capital markets in Ireland. Having offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Belfast, London. they strive to build client relationships that lead to real understanding. Understanding builds to great advice and world-class outcomes for our clients, whether they are individual people, businesses or large institutions.
Their vision is to be the financial services partner most trusted by our clients and most admired for our people. Developing our people is our priority and we are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chief Data Officer (CDO) to come on board, reporting to the Group COO. The CDO will lead the Enterprise Data function to define, operationalise, and evolve the data strategy, maximising the value of our data assets to drive profitability, efficiency, fulfil regulatory reporting obligations, and meet applicable Data Privacy laws. The Enterprise Data team will comprise data governance/protection specialists, analysts, and engineers working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organisation.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- A deep understanding of data regulation, protection, and governance.
- Experience implementing data analytics initiatives to drive enhanced client outcomes, improve employee experience/processes, and identify business growth opportunities.
- Direct experience of managing the technology roadmap underpinning a complex organisation’s data strategy.
Strategy & Governance
- Design, implement, and evolve our data strategy creating value from the organisation’s enterprise data assets to drive increased revenue, cost reduction, and improvements to our operating model.
- Establish best practice data governance policies, procedures, and processes around the availability, quality, retention, and security of the organisation’s data ensuring it is consistent, trustworthy, and optimally deployed to drive effective analytics.
- Continually improve our data protection capability, monitoring data protection laws and regulation to align data practices with applicable guidance and enhance safeguards against data loss.
- Take ownership and responsibility for Data Risk Management identifying, assessing, controlling, and managing all relevant risks.
- Acting as a key point of contact for relevant supervisory authorities including The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Work with the technology team on enterprise data requirements with reference to infrastructure, cyber security, data loss prevention, data destruction/retention, and third-party management.
- Collaborate with the control functions (Audit, Risk Management, and Compliance) to create a strong data protection culture.
- Assist the Operational Excellence function to drive continuous improvement within our operating model using data analytics to improve service experience, relevance, and long term fit for clients.
Enabling and collaborating with business and support units
- Foster a culture that consistently and effectively utilises data in decision-making, developing our descriptive/retrospective and predictive analytics capabilities.
- Provide awareness and training support across the organisation on data protection, data risk management, as well as the proper and correct use of data.
- Comply with the Risk and Compliance frameworks, policies and procedures associated with the role.
- Lead the design and delivery of an enterprise-grade technology infrastructure for data that meets the organisation’s current needs and supports future revisions of our data strategy.
- Work with our Marketing Client and Data Insights Team to better understand the needs of our clients, deploying analytics techniques (e.g. propensity modelling) to deliver increasingly personalised services.
- Comply with the Risk and Compliance frameworks, policies and procedures associated with the role
- A proven leader in technology and project/change management with the 7+ years’ experience in a fast-paced and client-centric organisation
- Min 5 years’ experience in senior data technology or related role with exposure to GDPR compliance projects/programs
- BSc in Business, Management, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or related field
- Deep understanding of data governance and protection from regulatory, organisational, and technology perspectives
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with ability to apply data insights to drive growth, efficiencies, and informed decision-making throughout the organisation
- Ability to work with a diverse and extensive group of stakeholders to collaborate and integrate disparate teams around a common vision
- Exceptional team building, management, and motivation skills, with experience of data and analytics programme implementation and ongoing management
- Assist in the training and development of new joiners to the team to ensure departmental processes and procedures are followed
- Act as a point of escalation for complex queries and complaints handling
- Ensuring procedures and processes are followed by all team members in line with Governance, Compliance and Risk Management requirements