My client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Citrix Engineer to join their team to help ensure that their Citrix environment is fully tuned and has all the best practices applied.
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Manage production and maintenance of integration system documentation
- Ensure delivery of integration objectives and goals and that appropriate incident reports are prepared in a timely manner
- Review and recommend options to improve the effectiveness of infrastructure through automation Provide escalation support for all Windows, Exchange and messaging, VMware and Citrix infrastructure in an enterprise Active Directory environment
- Act as a visible point of contact for the Wintel Infrastructure (O/S and hardware)
- Providing automated solutions, PowerShell, on Microsoft and VMware technologies
- Resolve and conduct root cause analysis of system performance / failure issues
- Establish and maintain best practices, processes and procedures to underpin the operations of the business
- Manage configuration, installation and release management
- Conduct performance monitoring and testing
- Produce documentation and change control
- Prepare and maintain technical, process and operations documentation
Technical Skills :
- The successful applicant will be one of the company's engineers on Citrix and Windows related technologies and will have to demonstrate strong administration skills along with the technical experience needed to support and deliver high-performance, resilient solutions.
- Technologies will include but not limited to, Citrix XenApp 7.x, 6.x, StoreFront, UPM, NetScaler Gateway (Physical and Virtual Appliances), Citrix Director, APM Monitoring Windows Server, Active Directory & Group Policy, VMWare ESX, MS PowerShell, DNS, DFS, RES Automation Manager
- Good technical understanding of complex infrastructure with-depth Citrix & application troubleshooting skills
- Good technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years’ or more experience of working in a systems infrastructure role
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Citrix, VMWare and Microsoft Certifications
- PowerShell and VB Scripting
- Experience of ITIL v3 standards or a certificate in ITIL v3 foundation skills beneficial
- Ability to develop automation process using scripting languages such as PowerShell and batch
- The role requires an experienced Windows engineer with extensive experience of the core set of Microsoft Server products including O365 and AWS
- This role requires a skilled engineer with a strong delivery track record.
For more information this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990 or to apply just use the link provided.