Purpose of the Role:
The role involves working within a team of skilled claims assessors who medically assess all new Risk Claims for existing customers.
- Assessing new claims and deciding on necessary medical and financial requirements
- Making decisions on new claims for customers when all evidence has been received
- Calculating the claim benefits owed to customers.
- Corresponding with Brokers, Employers, Customers and Doctors.
- Developing a high level of technical and medical expertise.
- Provide a high standard of customer care with adherence to Legal and Regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within various internal Business Units.
- Interact with Industry colleagues and reinsurers and stay abreast of claims best practice.
- Experience in a Life Assurance Company, preferably in a claims or underwriting environment or
- Progression in the CII Diploma in Life and Disability Claims (DLDC) or the CII Diploma in Life and Disability Underwriting (DLDU) or
- QFA Qualification
- An interest in helping people in securing the correct claim outcomes for customers
- An understanding of risk claims processes.
- Highly organised and self-motivated individual with an ability to prioritise effectively, work both independently and a part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To be accurate, with a strong attention to detail.
- An interest in working in a medically based, technical function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package, experience in AS400 a distinct advantage
Salary and Package will be reflective of individuals experience.
This is initially a 6 month fixed term contract with strong possibility of extension
For more information please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out for a confidential chat