Works: M&E / Building and some Civil & Structural
This is an ongoing contract with a salary of circa €55.000 / plus mileage expenses
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with Project Manager, Design teams, Contractors, Local Authority, Fire Services Staff, building Management and Maintenance Dept. Staff.
- You will monitor the Building / Civil and structural works on Site, ensuring that the standard of work and materials supplied by the contractor are as specified in accordance with the contract information.
- Ensure Compliance with the drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Monitor quality control, on and off site in conjunction with the project team. Review and Report deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations
- Record anomalies in site activities including weather, Health & Safety, quality of work, etc
- Tracking and reporting progress in relation to cost & programme.
- Attend site meetings, take photographs and maintain a current drawing/specifications database, maintaining a daily diary of activity, producing a weekly report.
- As The Clerk of works, you will maintain a Daily Works diary, recording decisions, events, appointments, staff details, site visits, equipment on site, contractor’s attendance, daily temperatures, photographs of progress.
- You will produce a weekly report, summarising weekly activity on site including photographs.
- Witness testing, Installation and Commissioning during and on completion of the Works.
- Monitor the effectiveness of site management.
- Co-ordinate and prepare written reports to the Project Manager to ensure no interruption occurs to the building schedule.
- Track the co-ordination of M&E services and ensure compliance with the contract documents.
- Aiding in practical completion and defects rectification issues and monitoring their timely resolution in a satisfactory manner and Ensure the quality and workmanship of finishing works
- Facilitate prompt delivery of as-built records, safety files, digital projects manuals, O & M manuals etc
- Aid the successful handover of the building in relation to services, building fabric maintenance and facilities management.
- Coordinate the necessary pre-contract and post-completion decanting and logistical tasks to ensure effective, efficient and satisfactory delivery of accommodation, with a minimum of disturbance to services and staff on these live sites.
- Prepare schedule of defects and to certify rectification of snagging items.
- Undertake Health & safety duties commensurate with the post.
- Maintain liaison with the Maintenance Department and ensure hand- over arrangements are effective.
- Any other duties as set out by your Manager, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post.
To be considered for this position you will have
- A relevant third level qualification in a construction related discipline or an Equivalent professional qualification OR;
- Hold a Certificate / Diploma in Construction studies or Civil Engineering.
- Be a member of the Chartered Institute of Building or Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience, with preferably at least 3 years on site in similar projects (hospitals, medical facilities, schools, universities, colleges etc) in the role of Clerk of Works.
- You will have significant experience as a Clerk of Works on large building projects.
- Healthcare project experience would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate would be a member or associate member of a relevant professional institute.
- A detailed working knowledge of building construction technology is essential and candidates should also have knowledge of mechanical & electrical services.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- You must hold a clean driving licence and have unencumbered access to a suitable vehicle.
- An appropriate Safe Pass, as promoted by Fás, and other relevant site safety qualifications (Managing safety in Construction).
Send your CV now. Call Darina for enquiries; 0866078982 / 01 6390391