An amazing new role to provide clinical training and support to our Neuromodulation customers in Ireland!
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (or Field Technical Engineer as it’s also referred to as) is responsible for the support and education of the Chronic Pain customer database encompassing Radiofrequency Ablation, SCS, and DRG Stimulation, within Ireland.
They provide support with clinical procedures, offering informed advice, as well attending workshops and symposiums.
In addition, the FTE is responsible for helping ensure that colleagues have up-to-date knowledge and appropriate accreditation on new and emerging therapies and technologies, as required.
Key responsibilities include:
· To provide technical support and assistance to the sales force and physicians for Radiofrequency Ablation, SCS implants & follow-ups, and DRG Stimulation Implants & follow-ups throughout the territory.
· To present to and advise clinicians on the correct use, settings and applications of NMD devices and educate them to a ‘stand-alone’ level of competence and confidence.
· To offer guidance on such devices in the clinical environment in a manner which is in accordance with health and safety directives, accepted ethical practice, hospital protocols and Company policies.
· To maintain personal clinical and technical knowledge to the highest standard expected of an 'expert'.
· In collaboration with key internal stakeholders, ensure that all Ireland NMD colleagues are educated to a stand-alone level of competence, ensuring that academic and practical accreditation is achieved.
· Act as the Ireland 'Train the Trainer'.
· Support UK & Ireland education through support at European education courses.
· Create and run appropriate 'in-house' education courses to support and enhance the uptake of Neuromodulation therapies and technologies within the geography.
· Maintain up to date knowledge relevant to the Neuromodulation market as well as an understanding of the Neuromodulation market dynamics
· To maintain a thorough working knowledge of our competitors’ product and to share this knowledge with the broader UK & I team as appropriate.
· To plan activities in an organised and efficient manner and control expenditure.
· To support marketing activities, and industry meetings as required.
· To maintain and update customer records as appropriate.
· To provide prompt and accurate verbal and written feedback to management on specific issues as they arise, including the review of opportunities for further sales.
· To foster a teamwork relationship with colleagues in the sales team to achieve business goals including regular feedback of customer activity and sales opportunities.
· To identify and feedback to management, recommendations for refinements in Abbott NMD products and services as they arise.
· Experience as a Neuromodulation/Chronic Pain nurse or experience in the Neuromodulation marketplace
· Strong communication skills, and good at building relationships
· Willingness to travel extensively across Ireland (possibly around the EU, as required)
· Familiarity with operating room procedures and protocols
· Strong knowledge of Pain Management and/or Neurological Therapies
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Good commercial awareness
As you’d expect from a global healthcare company, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including competitive salaries and bonus potential, pension scheme, private healthcare etc. alongside great development opportunities.