Our clients are looking for a Cloud Engineering Manager to write the next chapter in their Core engineering - channel and platform engineering. Our clients need to manage the use of core cloud vendors like AWS and other strategic partners like WaveFront, ElasticSearch, or REDIS, are growing significantly as they shift more and more to migrate existing micro service architecture to the Cloud.
You will have complete ownership of Cloud migration roadmap work closely with Cloud Core team, Platform engineering teams and technical program managers across the org. You will be responsible for planning and delivering 130 core services to be migrated to AWS by Q2/Q3 2022.
The responsibility will involve owning the Cloud Migration Squad (a team of 7-8 Cloud engineers), working with different engineering and program partners. This position is responsible for having direct line of communication with internal leadership team and business partners to define project plan, sprints, track deliverables and map resources to meet timelines
The kind of experience we're looking for:
- BS, MS in Computer Science and 10+ years of equivalent engineering experience
- Experience managing agile engineering teams
- Experience in server-side languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python)
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps
- Good understanding of container technologies
- Experience in building CI/CD pipeline
- Good understanding of the cloud infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Experience in handling multi-geo engineering team
This role will have the option of being fully remote.
Initial 6-8 month contract.
Contact Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.