Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers.
Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
What does a Clover Infrastructure Engineer do?
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. To support all of this, we have a team of infrastructure engineers dedicated to ensuring our systems remain operational, safe and secure.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Clover, you can look forward to:
● Initiating large projects with complex architecture, breaking them down to the right logical components so that others engineers can contribute effectively.
● Working frequently with other teams to coordinate major changes to cross-system architectures, influencing upstream or downstream for the most efficient solutions.
● Collaborating with engineering teams to propose features that solve recurring patterns of customer complaints.
● Expertly designing and implementing scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
● Supporting services before they go live, through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
● Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
● Scaling systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolving systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
● Designing and implementing best practices for security, monitoring, and telemetry systems.
● Leading initiatives and meetings in the engineering organization and helping your teammates be better engineers by improving practices and technical guidance.
Requirements for Consideration
● Several years of experience in programming, operations or site reliability engineering.
● Experience in designing, analyzing, scaling and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
● A passion for automation; strong coding skills in at least one modern programming language (Java/Go/Python/Ruby).
● Ability to manage competing priorities, a focus on shipping product, and the ability to work well under pressure.
● A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communications skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
● Strong Linux skills and supreme troubleshooting skills.
● Experience with a variety of cloud technologies and familiarity with industry landscape and trends.
● Configuration management experience; product does not really matter (any of Puppet, Chef, cfengine, Fabric, Ansible, Salt etc.).
● Willingness to be part of on-call rotations.
● Experience with large scale OLTP and OLAP deployments.
● Experience with data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
● Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field.
● Here is a complete list of desirable skills:
Linux Admin (CentOS), Python, Puppet (or Chef), MySQL / PostGreSQL Admin, RDBMS / SQL / DDL / DML, Terraform, Encryption/certs/security, HAProxy, TCP/IP, Monitoring: TCollector/ DataDog/ Grafana, YAML / XML, ELK Stack, Git / Github / Gitlab Admin, Bash / Shell / Java, Yum/RPM, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP/AWS, DNS, LDAP
To support the total well-being of our associates, we take a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of options including:
● Health Insurance
● Contributory Pension
● Finance Rewards Program
● Employee Referral Scheme
● Service Awards
● Education Support
● Life Assurance
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● 22 Days Annual Leave (increasing based on service)