3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer for the Digital Science Community in Dublin, Ireland. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This is more than a job. It’s an invitation to discover how your skills can transform our world.
The 3M Digital Science Community (DSC) represents elite technology professionals sharing knowledge and ideas to create new digital products as a part of our research and development team. Together, we’re using the power of innovation to shape a brighter, more connected planet using advanced digital tools and technologies.
We believe great potential shines in the presence of great purpose. Join us and embrace your opportunity to co-create new technology that will resonate for years to come.
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
3M is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer to join the Corporate Research Systems Lab (CRSL) to develop scalable, production grade, cloud applications. In this role, you will leverage your experience with all levels of the software stack, including backend databases and APIs, frontend UI frameworks, cloud services. The state-of-the-art cloud applications that you develop will provide automated deployments and testing that enable internal teams to quickly stand up production ready applications in the cloud. You will work as part of an agile team that will enable applications in diverse markets that include healthcare, energy, manufacturing, personal safety, transportation, electronics, and consumer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace the ambiguity of research by constantly learning new digital technologies
- Being part of an agile team researching, designing, developing and adopting latest cloud-based technologies
- Responsibility for creating and deploying novel microservices for 3M
- Solve for complex problems on a diverse data set.
- Advising, consulting, mentoring and coaching 3M businesses, data scientists and data consumers on new digital technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Software Development
- Minimum 1+ years’ in elastic cloud computing environments such as Amazon AWS or Azure
- Minimum three (3) years of software development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud technologies
- Serverless API development experience with Lambdas or Fargate and container deployments
- AWS Certifications – Developer, Solutions Architect, or Sys Admin
- DevOps CI/CD experience with skills in Git, AWS CodeCommit, DroneCI, Maven, and GitHub Actions
- Amazon S3 API Experience in a large enterprise environment
- Proficiency in writing both synchronous and asynchronous restful services.
- Experience leading Amazon technologies such as Redshift, Aurora, EC2, Glacier, AWS Import/Export, S3
- Experience deploying production applications using technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of functional programming and event-driven paradigms
- Exposure to systems employing machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms such as computer vision, image processing, deep learning, time series analysis, reinforcement learning, and sequential learning
- Experience following disciplined development practices including code versioning (Git, GitHub, DevOps, etc), code reviews, and unit and integration testing
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunities and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available
- Leadership qualities such as excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), networking skills, self-motivation, and self-direction.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Working at 3M
Unleash your potential.
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their leadership. Most of all it depends on their continuous improvement.
From sales to manufacturing to marketing to engineering, if you're committed to expanding your knowledge and gaining leading-edge skills, this is the place to do it. Professional development at 3M includes excellent training, continuing educational support, mentorship from smart, experienced people and more.
Move up - or move in new directions.
You'll find a strong promote-from-within culture here; it's an important aspect of our emphasis on learning and professional growth. You may also move between business units or even, potentially, to different locations around the world. That's one of the many advantages of our diverse business model and global reach.
At 3M, diversity & inclusion are essential to innovation. We seek and value differences in people!
As an equal opportunity employer, 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability.
If you want to discover more about D&I at 3M, please visit http://go.3M.com/4i9C
Must hold either a Stamp 4 or EU Citizenship to be considered for this position.