Cloud Solutions Architect - Automation Tower (Terraform | Ansible | Python) - Technical Architect
As a Cloud Solutions Architect in the Healthcare IT industry, you will be a member of a platform team
that is at the forefront of a Public Cloud transformation. As a member of our Core & Shared Services
engineering team, you will develop Cloud solutions and automation to deliver services targeted for
the leading application teams transforming Anthem in our Digital focus. You will be responsible for
hands-on automation development on specific cloud platforms, while participating in all phases of
the development and maintenance life cycle.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Discover and identify the project needs for business requirements along with timeline to
develop the same.
• Hands on experience in Automation (Ansible, Terraform, Python). IaC and lead team with
industry best practices.
• Perform technical design reviews and code reviews, to include cloud-based architecture and
• Work closely and sometimes lead cross functional teams (application, platform, security,
data, operations, infrastructure)
• Creating and reviewing high level product specific architectural design documents and drive
architectural best practices on AWS/GCP/Azure.
• Leads multiple or large cloud platform or application adoption projects and facilitates large
group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
• Constantly review the design to ensure the quality of the design, advocating clarity in terms
of developing prototypes and evaluating technologies.
• Ensure established technology standards, code patterns and principles as defined initiatives
by the platform services teams and roadmaps.
• Strong experience in the API and Microservices. architecture
• Production experience in large environments using automation and configuration
management tools like Terraform, Ansible and CFT
• Demonstrate maturity and understand of CSPs (AWS, Azure, GCP) and the perspective
• Be able to articulate multiple cloud environment infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network,
Backups, DR, and Monitoring)
• Performs technical design reviews and code reviews, to include cloud-based architecture
• Experience with Agile SDLC methodologies and contributes to sprint planning initiatives
• Create and/or help teams to build Cloud infrastructure for on-going and up-coming projects
adhering to Infrastructure-as-Code principles
• Identify and document the risks & dependencies with the mitigation plan and delivering
architectural blueprint with major modules, their interactions to the team to follow.
• Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine requirements and adhering to the
constraints placed by the compliance and audit requirements.
• Interface with vendors for support as well as application and infrastructure teams.
• Significant experience writing Hashicorp Terraform configurations and modules.
• Experience in DevOps and GitOps models with infra-as-code, config-as-code, policy-as-code,
• Proficient in translating designs into fully developed Terraform, Python codes.
• Strong knowledge of AWS, GCP & Microsoft Azure Cloud, certification preferred.
• Experience in enterprise-scale environments, building highly available IaaS and PaaS
• Understanding of landing zones, cloud-native security, monitoring and logging tools.
• Experience in programming and infra-automation tools – Terraform, Ansible, Java script,
• Experience in Cloud logging, monitoring, and observability tools
• Hybrid enterprise integration for all CSPs. (AWS, GCP & Azure)
• Experience with containers related technologies and CICD tools – Kubernetes, Jenkins,
Docker, openshift, pipelines, container repos, etc.
• Working knowledge of BitBucket, Ansible, Artifactory, Groovy, RHEL Linux, Networking
• Payment industry security practices knowledge (e.g. PCI DSS, hardening, Security practices)
• Requires an BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training
• 7-10 years hands-on experience with AWS (preferred) or other Public Cloud Platforms
required (Azure / GCP)
• 5 or more years multi-platform, multi database and/or multi language experience required
• Cloud certification (AWS/GCP/Azure) required
• 3-4 years hands-on experience in Terraform scripting required
• 3-4 years hands-on experience in Ansible scripting preferred
• 5-6 years hands-on experience in Python coding experience preferred
• 3-4 years of experience with Source Code Management and branching usage required
• Strong hold in Authentication & authorization models (IAM)
• Good knowledge of Landing Zone and standardizing across CSPs.
• Object oriented Python (Application development)
• Experience in documentation (e.g., Runbooks) for Ops and drive architectural best practices
• Experience providing troubleshooting support
• Great interpersonal skills, team-work attitude, and drive collaborative initiatives
Certifications Preferred: (First preference to certified candidates)
• CSP solution Architect (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• HashiCorp Cloud - Terraform Associate
• Demonstration of Automation projects or any open-source contribution