Development COE DevOps and Tool Lead - Permanent
What can you expect:
Our client is creating a Centre of Expertise (COE) with the mandate of driving up the quality and value of software delivery and implementation across the enterprise. The COE will contain a small number of experts in Agile software engineering, test automation, technical training, development tooling and metrics management, along with development teams to support the creation of central API based services, and centralised security patching.
The Development COE DevOps and Tools Lead will be responsible for defining best practice continuous integration and continuous delivery principals, processes and tooling across the organisation and its divisions. DevOps and Tools Lead will become a trusted and valued partner of the tech team across the business units.
What you will be rewarded with:
Our employees enjoy excellent benefits such as:
• Competitive salary with annual review
• Up to 12% pension contribution
• Healthcare cover
• Study Support
• Flexible working arrangements
• Sports & Social clubs/Wellness Programme
• Paid annual leave and ability to purchase additional leave days
• Travel ticket/bike to work/dental are optional
• Subsidised canteen
• 35 hour working week
We will count on you to:
· Develop and maintain best practice development frameworks, including modern tools with preconfigured CI/CD (continuous delivery) pipelines
· Develop off-the-shelf ready to go tooling templates, full integrated into pipeline components including OSS
· Incorporate predictive analytics to DevOps platform to accelerate application delivery capabilities in terms of tracking, security, quality and, performance
· Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a regular basis
· Provide technical guidance and educate team members on development and operations. Document and design various processes and update existing processes
What you need to have:
A senior development leader that has significant experience of software delivery using Agile methodologies at scale. A strong proponent of end-to-end development automation including integration, test and CI/CD pipelines.
The holder of this role must have solid understanding of the practical application of DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code, and leading technology teams in an Agile/Continuous Delivery environment.
· Strong expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, Salt, etc.), and application hosting technologies (CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
· Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant solutions
· Detailed knowledge of at least one build framework (ability to set up, execute, and script the framework) as well as familiarity with at least one automated deployment framework
· Expert level coding experience with at least one interpreted or compiled language (e.g., Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C#, Groovy, Bash, PowerShell, YAML, etc.
· Detailed understanding of Source Control Management tools (Git, Atlassian, MS Azure DevOps) and experience with source code management and CI/CD integrations (Jenkins)
· Working knowledge of code automated testing and code quality frameworks (SonarQube)
· Working knowledge of at least one key logging framework and log aggregation system, log analysis and visualisation tools (Splunk) and demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of loggin
· Basic knowledge of middleware framework service oriented architecture (SOA), web services (SOAP), RESTful services, APIgee API Gateway, and Message Brokers
· Basic knowledge of modern software architecture principles, distributed development and modern software integration practices
· Basic knowledge of modern data storage and access technologies, including caching, application of MongoDB, Key/Value, and Oracle/MS SQL RDBMS datastores
· A reputation for personal innovation and in creating environments where others can innovate
· Working collaboratively with peers from all divisions across the organisation, able to lead discussions, build consensus and encourage adoption.
· Experience working with senior stakeholders to create technical strategies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Has a delivery focused approach
· A lifelong learner with an appetite for change.
What makes you stand out:
· Computing or similar engineering qualification to degree level
· Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor.