- To log all complaints upon receipt and identify source of complaint.
- To liaise with underwriting and claims functions to obtain information relating to circumstances of events giving cause to complaint.
- To review claims and underwriting files and form conclusions relating to resolution of complaints (including economic settlement as appropriate) and draft responses to policyholders and/or policyholder's representatives.
- To liaise with the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) as appropriate.
- To keep the progress of all responses to complaints under review to ensure that all deadlines for response are met.
- Where complaints arise from third parties acting on behalf of the company to ensure that these are handled in accordance with internal Complaints handling procedures.
- To maintain management information in relation to complaints handling statistics.
- To undertake root cause analysis of complaints received to identify any trends and recommend corrective action where required.
- To provide appropriate feedback to underwriters/claims handlers on any relevant matters arising from the handling of complaints
- To keep internal procedures under review to ensure that they meet with of regulator's dispute handling requirements.
- Use formal reporting mechanisms to promptly notify relevant parties of any perceived new risks or failures of existing control measures.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting a corporate culture which pays due regards to the interests of customers and treats them fairly at all times.
Knowledge and Skill Level Required
- Previous 3-5 years relevant experience of working in an insurance complaints handling environment.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have knowledge of dealing with claims, in Domestic and/or
Apply here or send your CV directly to myself at Meabh.Connor@cpl.ie and I will be in contact if you are suitable for the position.