Compliance, Controls, Risk (CCR) Senior Analyst
The CCR Senior Analyst will be part of the Risk Management & Compliance team. This team is responsible for financial controls and compliance, healthcare compliance, and compliance leadership and support activities.
This role works closely with Corporate Audit and Business Process Owners. This role will be responsible for supporting compliance projects and initiatives implementation/execution.
· Support the Regional Director and CCR Leads to execute, Financial Controls & Compliance and Compliance Leadership & Support activities, Healthcare Compliance
· Primary areas of responsibility will include
o Trend Analysis Preparation
o Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting
o SOX Oversight
o Change Management & Support
o Order to Cash
o Gross to Net
o Revenue recognition and replenishment
o Internal Audit Coordination
o Training & Communication Coordination
o SOPs & Compliance Documentation advice, coordination & review
o Using Leapfrog to prepare analytical reports and required data based needs from markets and management
· Participate in and/or lead special projects, special investigations and other initiatives to support CCR & RMC Lead
· Assist global process owners on creation and harmonization of controls-related documentation (e.g. global SOPs) conforming acquired company procedures and processes to established company standards and controls.
· Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead the development of range of solutions.
· Support internal and external audits visits, including sample compilation, logistics, etc.
· Support risk assessments conducted by Corporate Audit
· Work with process owners to identify potential risks and execution of related mitigation plans, and outline improvements made in processes and controls to local and global leadership team.
· Escalate issues and recommend resolution plans in a timely manner to the line Managers and in-market CCR leads when necessary
· Support issue resolution and controls inquiries from the supported markets
· Prepare sensitivity analysis as needed to assess thresholds in comparison to overall population of data and make recommendations to evaluate risk mitigation and efficiency
· Prepare complex analysis for external auditors and corporate audit; own all required support including the resolution of open questions and concerns
· Compile metrics, tracking of initiatives and ad-hoc reports as requested
· Facilitate updates on local policy and procedures, as well as timely communication of updates.
· Ensure process changes are in compliance with Pfizer accounting / internal control policies and SOX, including related document maintenance.
· Assist with CCR/RMC responsibilities as assigned such as facilitating quarterly control, business environment and policy assessments (SOX surveys, APP attestation), collecting annual service provider documentation (SOC 1 reports) and completing required assessments, etc
· Conduct compliance training for business process owners on areas of risk and points of vulnerability in processing.
· Drill down into business processes and controls with process owners to become the SME in both controls and process execution.
· Research and resolve discrepancies and complex compliance, technical or operational accounting issues as necessary and provide a range of potential solutions
Education, Skills and Experience Required
o University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
o Qualified Accountant required
· Skills & Experience:
o 4+ years of experience, with experience working with a publicly held corporation, preferably in Internal Audit, SOX or Compliance or Shared Services Quality Control.
o Should have a “quality mindset”, with knowledge of business process best practices, automated controls in an SAP environment and operational controls in multinational company environment
o Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
o Strong business acumen, compliance mindset and professionalism with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in all functions and levels
o Ability to work in a high-performing team environment; demonstrated strong leadership in an increasingly complex and fast-moving environment.
o SAP and/or JD Edwards (E1) experience desirable
o Proficiency in PC skills (MS excel, Word, Power Point)
o Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process
o Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting standards
o Strong analytical skills
o Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
o Knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles
o Familiarity with controls best practices in all financial areas, including outsourced arrangements and ERP applications