Job Title: Construction Lead
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Head of Property
Salary: Circa 110k
The Construction Lead will be a key and senior member of the Property Team, leading the management of all the construction related activities of the portfolio within the greater Dublin area, or as otherwise required. The successful candiadte will form part of the wider leadership group. She or he is likely to already be operating at a senior level in capital projects delivery and will be required to:
- Ensure that all projects are collectively and individually delivered safely, on time, on budget and in line with the quality requirements.
- Protect the interests and taxpayers money through expertise in capital works procurement and contract design.
- Draw from experience in relation to engineering and construction solutions required to provide a world class construction installation.
- Provide support in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Participate in project cost reviews & other project control requirements e.g. risk reviews.
- Manage change in conjunction with the other project leads.
- Ensure appropriate high levels of communication and coordination with all stakeholders, partner organisations (such as LAs, Irish Water, NTA etc.) designers and contractors, using both formal governance / contract structures and informal channels as required.
- Provide support and advice to other relevant staff in delivery of their tasks, such as planning issues, early design or project / task planning, communications, contract preparations, negotiations and relationship management.
- Ensure that sustainable practices are optimised on site and are included at the earliest possible stage.
- Develop and manage a dedicated internal construction team who will manage the various individual projects (pre-construction, construction and handover stages) a on a day- to- day basis.
- Assist the management team and all other staff in fulfilling the objectives.Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
Third level technical qualification in construction/ development related area.
- Minimum 10 years working on delivery of construction/ development projects
- Experience of public procurement and delivering projects through same a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record of delivering of large-scale construction projects on-time and on-budget (residential not essential, but an advantage);
- Pre-construction experience regarding efficiency and value engineering desirable;
- Contract negotiation, management and monitoring through to final account;
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements for construction projects;
- Proven track record in leading a team within a project organisation structure;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in the making and delivery of reports on delegated activities.
Other Requirements Desirable:
- The successful candidate must be a team-player, and be able to demonstrate this.
- Solutions results focused, with the ability to adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to build & manage stakeholder relationships.
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of cost drivers and the impact on budgets & cashflows.
- Technical knowledge broad knowledge of technical principles across the development lifecyle to add value at various stages .
- Commitment to CPD training.
- Full clean driving license as some site travel will be required.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to: Rob Kiernan E :-firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +353 1 6390390