Construction Safety Specialist – Pharmaceutical
Duration; 12 Month Contract
Rates; €40.00 to 50.00 per hour
Location; API Pharma, Swords, North Co. Dublin
Reporting directly into the Safety Manager with a reporting line to the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing all project-specific Construction/Maintenance SHE programs to deliver best in class performance.
Job Role and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure full compliance with local and national Safety, Health and Environmental legislation pertaining to construction phases of projects
- PSDP & PSCS Role and support to Engineering Department
- Support Primarily the Engineering Department in the development of project site infrastructure, also on going maintenance and site work
- Coordinate project element including site security, project induction, first aid, welfare and emergency arrangements
- Develop, promote, and maintain a strong safety culture within the projects engineering group and contractors.
- Maintain and further develop onsite Contractor Safety Award Programme
- Communicate and coordinate the adoption of industry best practices in health and safety on multiple projects
- Conduct periodic Safety Health and Environmental audits and inspections on site activities
· Monitor and report on health and safety performance and challenges
- Compile and report leading and lagging safety indicators through onsite Safety Observation Reporting programme.
· Develop, periodically review and update project EHS documentation, SOP, RA and training manuals.
- Manage and audit contractor compliance with local legislation and project standards
- Support the Project Engineering team in the execution of statutory duties.
- Lead/Review the investigation of incidents, ensuring corrective actions are defined and implemented.
· Influencing employee work practices through dialogue, relationship building and behavioral safety coaching
· Liaise with the site teams regarding safety training and safety talks
· Implement onsite training programmes in line with company training schedules and requirements of the projects team
· Liaise with Project/Engineering department on all safety matters offering advice and assistance where required
· Conduct contractor safety meetings
· Manage permitting system, systems training, and daily site registers
· Implement Tool Box Talks and Stand Downs as required.
· Manage Induction System and all relevant issues
· Multiple daily walks around the site and projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Primary Degree in Occupational Safety field, in addition Construction specific education
· Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or seeking to obtain this qualification.
· A reasonable knowledge of Safety and Health principles with a minimum 10 years’ experience in a related role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at management and operator levels within an organisation.
- Pharmaceutical Experiences added advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
Send your CV in confidence call Darina Osborne for enquiries 0866078982 / 01 6390391