Cpl Healthcare are delighted to have partnered with a leading Dublin Maternity Hospital to recruit for an experienced Consultant Histopathologist.
The hospital is a tertiary-referral voluntary teaching hospital with national, regional and area responsibilities for ensuring the optimal health of mothers, women and infants. As the largest provider of women and infants healthcare in the Republic of Ireland and a recognised centre of excellence, the role is an exciting opportunity for the right person.
The Hospital hosts two University Departments of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, a University Pathology department, the HSE/Cervical Check National Cellular and Molecular Cytopathology Training School and the Hub Centre for Continuing Midwifery Education in the Greater Dublin Area; the Research Laboratory on the Hospital campus is a leading European centre for molecular biology research. Since 2019 the HSE and CervicalCheck established a bespoke National Cervical Screening Laboratory at the site.
This is a locum consultant appointment for an initial one year period.
Duties will include but are not exclusive to:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the direction of the Master/CEO and CCOO and as part of the Laboratory Medicine Division within the Hospital.
- Responsibility for organisation and provision of Histopathology at the hospital.
- Involvement in Clinical Audit Committee and Ethics Committee as required.
- Provision of clinical leadership in MDT context
- Conferences, teaching, training and audit.
- Teaching, Training, Audit, Risk Management, Quality Improvement.
- Continuous Professional Development.
To be considered for the role all applicants must:
- Be trained to the level of Consultant Histopathologist.
- Be registered as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Register of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council of Ireland in the specialty of Histopathology
- Have a minimum of one year documented postgraduate evidence of training and/ or satisfactory experience in the area.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership.
Further details available by contacting Catherine Hoban on:
T: +353 21 4626138