On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Continuous Improvement & R&D Scientist.
This position will be largely project based and will entail a high degree of autonomy and initiative. This is an 18 month contract position.
- Conduct scientific studies. Analyze data and processes; develop, characterise and make formal recommendations.
- Plan and execute experiments using design of experiment techniques
- Coordinate and assist the formal creation of system test methods in conjunction with the Quality and Regulatory Groups
- Reengineer existing processes or test methods to adapt to changes in market, business, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Transition products and processes from development phase to routine production
- Work within cross functional teams to identify key project/process or performance attributes and opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Coordinate and lead technical root cause investigations.
- Cooperate with other functional areas and groups within the company to achieve robust product supply
- Participate in Product transfer activities within the company
- As required lead reagent & system complaint investigations within the company and subsequent report handling.
- Adherence to the quality system and training given at all times
- Completion and review of Documentation to cGMP/GDP requirements/standards.
- Work constructively with team members from R&D, Continuous Product Improvement, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, Technical Support, Clinical Affairs, Customer Service, and Finance.
- Work constructively with team members from the company on multi-site projects
- Communicate progress on a frequent basis. Communication will require the successful candidate to present project updates to the relevant stakeholders
- An advanced life science degree.
- Laboratory experience in biological sciences required
- Demonstrated competence in biochemical techniques and statistical concepts.
- Experience in the field of Coagulation/ IVD industrial of ≥2 years would be advantageous.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data, and technical procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com