For this role our client is looking for a strong hands-on candidate with a background in offering Electrical Automation support to production lines.
A key advantage for this role would be experience in creating and implementing a preventative maintenance programme.
• Debugging of complex breakdown scenarios. Provide specialized support in terms of
Hardware (PLC’s, Drives Systems, etc.)
Software (Control Settings, High Level Programming, etc.)
Electrical fault finding
• Root cause analysis and documented proposals for remedial action.
• Training for maintenance team.
• Follow a defined process to rank and select recommend components for use in new machine designs
• Collect inputs from maintenance and other departments on past performance of components
• Develop best practices re Electrical Standards for new machines.
• Design of mitigation measures to achieve CE compliance
• Bachelor’s Honours Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics and/or Computer Engineering or equivalent. (Level 8)
• Five (5) plus years of Automation experience.
• Proficient in Electrical Schematic Drafting (SolidWorks Electrical)
• Basic knowledge of PLC Controls, HMIs and PID loop control
This role might suit someone coming from other sectors such as Automotive or highly automated industries.
Any applicant must have an existing work permit / visa for Ireland (Stamp 4 or EU Passport) to apply. As this is a contract role, visas will not be sponsored.